Do you drive people way by demanding too much attention?
- Do you find yourself talking too much?
- Do people shy away from you because you tend to dominate conversations – turning a visit into more of a lecture from you than a two-way interaction?
- Do you tend to turn another person's comments away from them and back to you as quickly as possible?
- Do you tend to get so "up close and personal" with people that they're constantly backing away from you?
- Do you see others attempting to put a counter, a desk, a chair, or even another person between them and you?
If so, you're suffering from a negative Heather state.
It's natural to fall into a negative Heather state following a traumatic event, an illness, or a financial setback. Your family and friends will probably be understanding and forgiving, as long as it doesn't last too long.